Application Paper (30%) Due: April
Application Paper (30%)
Due: April 27th, 10:00 am EST
5 pages/APA format
at least five citations
Application Paper: Students will be expected to implement a mindfulness intervention in their practice setting, either with an individual client, group or if preferred, with themselves. The mindfulness intervention will be adapted for the specific population and the environmental context with clients or with self. Students will write a concise 5-page paper explaining the mindfulness intervention using a minimum of 5 journal articles or chapters as a guide. The presenting problem and intended impact of the mindfulness intervention will be articulated as well as the results of the intervention and reflections. Proposals are due April 27h at 10:00 am EST. Late papers will incur a reduction in grade.
CITATION: The American Psychological Association (APA) is the most commonly used footnote format today. This system uses the (Author, date) format. It is used by Social Work the journal of the NASW. My favorite source for checking proper citation ihttp://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/ (Links to an external site.) Links to an external site. (Links to an external site.)
Application Paper Rubric
Application Paper Rubric
Criteria Ratings Pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeFormat
Format looks at spelling, grammar, length, APA, and adhering to deadline.
• Completes the assignment on time • Length is at least 5-7 pages • Completely accurate APA formatting is followed including on reference page • No spelling errors • Correct grammar used through post
• Assignment was turned in late • Length is less than 5 pages • Minor errors in APA format • Some minor spelling errors • Minor grammatical mistakes
• Did not turn in assignment or assignment is more than 1 week late • Significantly shorter than the required length • Major APA errors throughout paper • Frequent spelling errors • Multiple grammatical errors
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeContent
Content looks for the connections to course material as well as meaningful attempt at synthesis/discussion of experience and readings.
• Clearly describes a mindfulness intervention implemented in practice setting • Details of the presenting problem are clearly articulated in the paper • The impact of the intervention is clearly described in a way that the reader understands what happened • Evidence base is frequently and appropriately cited throughout the paper • At least 4 journal articles or chapters are referenced in paper
• While the intervention is described, it is not done in any clear or meaningful way • Details of the presenting problem are lacking any specificity • Only a superficial discussion of the impact of the intervention i.e. reading cannot clearly understand what the outcome was for the intervention • Evidence base is only superficially or infrequently cited • At least 2 journal articles or chapters are referenced in paper
• Does not describe intervention, problem, or impact with sufficient details of experience • Less than 2 journal articles or chapters are referenced • No real use of evidence
Total Points: 30